Yes, yes, it’s another CES article but there’s just so much good stuff coming out the event this year! The latest announcement that took our eye, was from Ring, the guys behind those video doorbell that have become very popular. Well they unveiled their latest doorbell, the fifth of it’s kind, the ‘Ring Door View Cam’.
For those of you that are unfamiliar with the brand and their previous products, the Ring Door View Cam is a wire-free video doorbell that transforms a door viewer or peephole into a smart security device. The features for this new doorbell
- Easy Installation – Ring Door View Cam easily installs in place of a door viewer, without the need for drilling or permanent modifications, so it won’t leave marks or damage paint.
- HD Video – Customers can view live video and recordings of their front door with the same experience and video quality as Ring’s other video doorbells.
- Impact Sensor – If visitors don’t press the doorbell button, Door View Cam features a sensor that lets you know when they interact with your door, such as if they knock.
- Battery Powered – Door View Cam uses a removable, rechargeable battery located on the inside of the door, so you don’t have to run wires to your door.
- Traditional Door Viewer Functionality – Door View Cam includes a glass viewer so the functionality of the door viewer is not lost.
- Privacy Zones – Allows users to digitally black out certain zones in front of the doorbell, as well as turn off audio recording.
- Smart Alerts (coming in 2019 for every Ring Doorbell and Cam. Ring Protect Plan may be required) –
- Adjustable Motion Detection – Motion sensitivity can be adjusted to fine-tune motion alerts, conserve battery life, and customize motion zones.
- Motion Verification – Door View Cam rules out false alerts so users can see more accurate and relevant activity.
- Motion Stop – Door View Cam stops recording if
motionis deemed unimportant, prolonging battery life.
- Person Detection – Door View Cam will identify and label the type of motion detected and give users the option to ignore motion events they don’t want to see.
- Alexa Compatibility – In select countries, users will be able to ask compatible Alexa-enabled devices to “show me my front door,” and be alerted when motion is detected by Ring Door View Cam in real time. They will also be able to speak with their visitors through their Echo Show, Echo Spot, or Alexa-enabled tablets.
Jamie Siminoff, Ring’s founder and Chief Inventor, said: “As we continue on our mission of reducing crime in neighbourhoods, we want everyone with a front door to have the ability to protect their property and prevent crime from taking place. We’ve heard from countless customers over the years who want to secure their front door with a Ring Doorbell but are not able to install one of our existing doorbells. With the addition of Door View Cam, we are unlocking peace of mind for every customer.”
It will available in the US, UK, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Norway and Finland later this year with a suggested retail price of £179 ($199).