Alienware continues to break boundaries and push the limits of gaming hardware this month with its launch of the world’s most powerful 17” AMD Advantage laptop, introducing first-of-its-kind 480Hz panel technology. These new advancements are designed to make your images sharper, your gameplay smoother, and your experience more immersive, delivering the apex of gaming experiences that is core to Alienware’s DNA.
Here’s a quick rundown of what’s launching:
- Alienware m17 R5: The ultimate AMD Advantage laptop is now available with the new AMD Radeon™ RX 6850M XT 12GB GDDR6 GPU and several AMD Smart Technologies to claim the throne as the world’s most powerful 17” AMD Advantage laptop for unmatched performance. It delivers extreme speeds and response times so you can play your favorite titles with smooth gameplay, making it feel like the game’s become an extension of your senses.
- 480Hz display technology: The industry’s first 480Hz display is now available on the Alienware m17 R5 and Alienware x17 R2 (non AMD versions) to deliver animation smoothness for easier target tracking, ghosting reduction to minimize distracting effects, and lower system latency making it easier to spot other players earlier.
Alienware m17 R5
This laptop delivers extreme speeds and response times so you can play your favorite titles with such smooth gameplay, it’ll feel like the game’s become an extension of your senses. This laptop also offers the following AMD Smart Technologies to enhance your gameplay:
- AMD Smart Shift Max: Dynamic power shifting between a Radeon GPU and APU boosts performance for gaming, rendering, and content creation.
- AMD Smart Access Graphics: Improve frame rates, reduce latency and save battery by enabling discrete Radeon graphics or Ryzen graphics to handle rendering and presentation while maintaining AMD FreeSync™. Only available with select models.i
- AMD Smart Access Memory: Get an extra edge when your Ryzen processors can harness the full potential of the Radeon graphics card memory.
- AMD FreeSync™ Premium: Put an end to choppy gameplay with fluid, artifact-free performance at virtually any framerate. This adaptive sync technology matches the refresh rate of your graphics and your display for buttery-smooth gameplay.
New configuration available in the UK now, priced at £,2949 with AMD Radeon™ RX 6850M XT GPU.
480Hz Display Technology
The industry’s first FHD (1920 x 1080) 480Hz 3ms panels is now available on the Alienware m17 R5 and Alienware x17 R2 gaming laptops. This display technology brings a multitude of gameplay benefits like animation smoothness for easier target tracking, ghosting reduction to minimize distracting effects, and lower system latency to make it easier for you to spot other players earlier. These panels are available with either AMD FreeSync™ or NVIDIA G-SYNC with Advanced Optimus to compliment whichever graphics card you select.
Alternatively, we offer UHD (3840 x 2160) 120Hz 3ms displays on m17 R5 and x17 R2 laptops for those more interested in a higher-resolution panel over higher framerates.
The Alienware x17 R2 with 480 Hz display will be available in the UK from July 20, 2022, priced at, £2,248.98.