“A burst of flames, filling the shop with smoke” a Vodaphone spokeswoman said. An Australian Vodafone store had to be evacuated today after news that a new iPad Air had burst into flames and then continued to shoot sparks out of the device filling the store with smoke. The fire brigade had to be called to extinguish the blaze. The next generation iPad was left charred and with a cracked screen, but that was the only casualty. No staff members or members of public were injured in the event. It is believed that it all started from the charging point of the device. A representative from Apple came and took the iPad away for testing but have yet to make a statement about the incident. This isn’t the first time an Apple product has had a minor setback. Earlier this year there was an incident resulting in Apple launching a worldwide charger trade in program. Related Leave a Reply Cancel Reply Your email address will not be published.CommentName* Email* Website Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Notify me of new posts by email.