Sony Announce Next Gen a6400 Camera
Sony have just announced its next generation a6400 mirrorless camera, which has got Stef all flustered, he’s a huge Sony fanboy. The new installment is set to include Real-time Eye Autofocus, Real-time Tracking and the Worlds Fastest AF too! That’s alot of real talk right there, we only hope the camera delivers.
So what is Sony promising with this new camera?
The worlds fastest AF acquisition speed (0.02seconds), plus 425 phase detection & contrast detection AF points, covering
Real-time Eye AF, which is their new technology which employs artificial intelligence based object recognition, to detect & process eye data in real time. This feature will allow the camera to automatically detect eyes on a subject, which can be selected as a focus point. You can also switch between right eye & left eye, and overall, should mean improved accuracy, speed & tracking performance.
Real-time tracking, this mode utilises Sony’s latest algorithm, including some of the features mentioned above, to ensure that all subjects can be captured with excellent accuracy.
Other specs for the camera include:
– 24.2MP APS-C Exmor™ CMOS image sensor and latest-generation BIONZ X™ image processor
– 180-degree fully tiltable LCD touch screen for self-recording.
– High-speed continuous shooting at up to 11 fps mechanical shutter / 8 fps silent shooting with continuous AF/AE tracking.
– High-resolution 4K movie recording with full pixel readout and no pixel binning, plus advanced AF speed and stability.
– Interval recording for time-lapse videos
Looking at the images available, the camera looks similar to other models but includes that flip out screen, potentially making this the new,
The α6400 will ship in Europe in February 2019 priced at approximately £950. It will also be offered as a kit with the SELP1650 lens priced at approximately £1,000 or in a kit with the SEL18135 lens priced at approximately £1,300.
For more info, visit the Sony a6400 webpage.