Website creator Wix.com have announced the launch of Wix Music 2.0, a one-stop-shop solution for musicians and the online music industry.
Wix Music 2.0 is being headed up by a partnership between Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, the artists behind the classic Thrift Shop song.
They’re also going to include an innovative YouTube channel entitled #OpeningAct that is estimated to generate more than 100 million views for Wix Music users.
What more, Wix Music 2.0 is a commission free platform allowing artists to act more independently from the big record labels. Artists will be able to distribute their records directly from their own Wix website.
“Wix Music was designed to put the artists in control of their brand, their art and their business. It is the perfect example of our commitment to providing our users with all of the tools they need to make their dreams a reality online,” said Avishai Avrahami, Wix.com’s Co-founder and CEO. “Wix Music gives musicians an all-in-one technological solution for all aspects of their business from building a stunning website and engaging their fans to selling their music, all while keeping 100% of the profits from their art.”
The launch will include Macklemore and Ryan Lewis who grew to stardom and are being used as an example for upcoming musicians in the way they handle their music. The pair is also creating some custom videos for Wix Music users to help mentor emerging artists and provide valuable guidance on how to succeed as an independent artist.
So Wix Music 2.0 aims to cut out the middle man, putting complete control into the user’s hands in terms of introduction, sharing, selling and distribution.
Below are a few things that Wix Music 2.0 promises the user.
- Commission free music sales of high quality FLAC & MP3 320kbs digital music files directly from the musicians’ Wix websites
- Distribution to over 120 of the biggest streaming services and online stores including iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play, Deezer, Rdio and more
- Tour and show promotion and ticketing through seamless website integrations with BandsInTown or Songkick
- Fan management and communications through Wix ShoutOut for integrated email and social marketing, while maintaining full control over contacts and interactions
- Commission-free merchandise sales through Wix’s eCommerce solution
- Electronic press kit builder to create password protected and customizable EPKs
- Analytics for music sales, shares, downloads and streams via the musician’s Wix website and all relevant distribution platforms
- Tailored website templates specifically built for musicians